115 Séraphin Marion
Building code: HGN
Built in 1931, Hagen Hall first served as home to the Ottawa Normal School (later the University of Ottawa Teachers’ College), founded in 1927 to train Francophone teachers for Ontario elementary schools. Its program of studies, along with that of the School of Nursing (opened in 1933), attracted a large number of women to the campus. The teachers’ college was integrated into the new Faculty of Education in 1969. Today, Hagen Hall houses the offices of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies and the Internal Audit Office. It is named after the Faculty’s first Dean, biochemist Dr. Paul Hagen, whose tenure extended from 1969 to 1983.