140 Louis Pasteur
Building code: MRN
Since its inauguration in 1958 until recently, Marion Hall was home to the Department of Chemistry. Today, the recently renovated building houses the Department of Biochemistry, the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences and the administrative offices of the Faculty of Science. The building was named for Dr. Léo Marion, a distinguished Canadian scholar and scientist. A former Vice-President (Scientific) of the National Research Council, Dr. Marion served as Dean of the Faculty of Science and Engineering from 1965 until he retired in 1969. Dr. Marion was also a former President of the Royal Society of London. He held honorary doctorates from 13 universities and numerous gold medals for his research accomplishments.